Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Toothbrush

Yes, it is 2010 and No, I haven't had an electric toothbrush. Well, I did have those big battery powered kind that are real cheap. The Georgia Dentist Association gives us those at work. But they are big and heavy and you can't tell that much difference. It never made it from the desk drawer to my home. I was that unimpressed. Recently, for the first time since 1989, when my sister and I were living under the same roof, Carla and I were brushing our teeth side by side. She whipped out her electric rechargable Sonicare Flexcare toothbrush, and I, my buy one get one free FlexNeck Rubber Gripper Oral B. She looks at me and says, "I can't believe you still manually brush." I knew right then I must be missing out on something good. Within 48 hours I bought this:

Amazon sells it for around $50 and additional brush heads for around $10 each. This particular version has a 4.5 Star rating and over 500 reviews. I didn't compare it to the latest version, as I never considered it and refuse to pay $100 for a toothbrush. Be sure to select Amazon's "frustration-free" packaging. Otherwise, it comes sealed in that awful encasing that is impossible to penetrate and you have go find scissors and then you get impatient and reach in and try to pull it out and cut your knuckle on a sharp edge and don't realize it until you see blood on your white duvet cover where you go to sit crossed-legged while you open packages. I immediately threw away the little plastic stand for additional toothbrush heads. I won't be sharing my Sonicare with anyone and if a tooth brushing/sink sharing companion does come along, he can get his own.

The experience was riveting. Life changing. I cannot believe you manually brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment