Thursday, October 22, 2009

C-A-N-D-Y


"I don't like candy". That is a big fat lie. Last Christmas I got a package in the mail and inside the box, along with the gift were tons of little chocolate covered things in tiny boxes and individually wrapped and I sat them all aside and said, "I don't eat candy". Three days later they were gone. I do like candy. I love candy. It is good. I think it was the first word I learned to spell. When I was little Mom would spell it when referring to it, thinking I could not understand. Now, I limit sugar to baby kisses as often as possible and don't buy it and don't even go down the candy aisle, but I still breathe and am very much alive and just looking at candy makes my mouth water. I confess that I am truly not a big fan of hard candy or fruit flavors, although I did have some Korean or Asian Candy of somesort that was handed to me while on the back of a covered truck in Mozambique by a non English speaking Korean boy that was pretty amazing. But I attributed the experience to the fact that I was just really hungry. I have a rule that it has to be chocolate to be worth the calories. Plus, chocolate is good for you...right? Well, dark chocolate is...isn't it? This week a coworker left a bag of Hershey's Kisses out for the taking. They were the dark chocolate kind, in purple wrappers, so I took one. I walked back down the hall and grabbed another, but this one was orange. I put it in my desk drawer. I had lunch. I wanted something sweet. I opened the drawer. I pulled out the orange kiss. Its tiny paper flag read Pumpkin Spice. Oh my. It was pretty good. I had no idea Hershey had launched a line. Evidently they have. Years ago. They have peanut butter and candy corn and mint and caramel apple and all sorts. My quick research on the matter tells me they sell them exclusively at Target and only during certain seasons. They all get mixed reviews on their goodness. Not a single one of them are remotely good for you. There is way too much fat content. But I say you can have 1. But just 1. Everything in moderation. I found this site. I could stay on here all day and drool. I have changed my desired occupation. I now want to write exclusively for this blog: http://www.candyblog.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment