Monday, February 15, 2010

Diggin' these

Was on the phone with Carla last week as she grocery shopped. I blabbed about my day and she told me Kroger had Emerald Almonds buy one get one free. My pescatarian lifestyle has made almonds as staple in my diet. I love them. Typically just raw. She said these didn't sound good to her...cocoa. But she got me a jar at my urging. Not sure if I have just overlooked them or never seen these before, but they are surprisingly, amazingly yum. Roasted almonds, rolled in cocoa powder. Yes, a little bitter. Yes, a little sweet. Aren't most things? I put them in my vanilla ice cream last night. Fit for a queen. The only itty bitty drawback is that they use sucralose. Not sure why they just didn't use sugar. So, even though they are trying to kill me, I still highly recommend them.
Photo courtesy of blisstree.com

No comments:

Post a Comment