Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cleaning Supplies


I know these have been around a while but I have always been a big fan. They are great for tub cleaning and cleaning walls, but be careful, they will take the paint off! But I just used one of these to get tree sap and leaf junk off the hood of my car. Parking under a tree during the rain left this terrible almost rust like residue all over the hood of my new car. I took it to a car wash and was unable to get rid of it. The high pressure washers and even hand scrubbing didn't touch it. I went to Target and purchased a spray specifically for bugs and tree sap removal. You are supposed to spray this on it and leave it for one minute and then wipe it off. I did that and nothing happened. I tried again, leaving it for two minutes and of course, sprayed a whole lot more than I was probably supposed to and still nothing happened! I used a wet sponge, an old towel and my fingernails and nothing happened. So I whipped out my Magic Eraser and it took it away instantly. I first tested a spot to make sure it would not remove the paint on my hood, I honestly would not have been surprised. This thing is that amazing. It gently removed the rusty leaf debris and tree sap and the car hood is as good as new. My finger tips are still sore from scrubbing with the towel and traditional sponge. I also recommend the Mr. Clean brand over the store brand. Of course, the store brands are less, but the sponges don't work quite as well or last as long.

No comments:

Post a Comment