Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Clothing-Running Shoes


This entry is really not that exciting. The thoughts of running are just painful and make my legs hurt just thinking about it. But still I do it, even this morning. I love it and I hate it. Good running shoes are a must have for any runner at most any level. I spent an afternoon at Phidippides (www.phidippides.com) in Ansley Mall to discover these shoes. I tried on about 10-12 different pairs of shoes, was observed as I jogged up and down the store and this pair won hands down. I am sure Saucony has a newer more improved version by now, but these for me will be hard to beat and I have miles to go before I wear these out. They have incredible cushioning support and you do feel as if you are on air, for the first 60 seconds or so, until the pain and gasping for air settles in. But I do really recommend them. I also recommend Phidippides, but they are kind of like the My Intimacy experience, but you don't take your shirt off. I guess you could, but I wouldn't if I were you. But they do welcome bare feet. They just don't mark things down or have sales. This is not a discount store. They have some sales on last season stuff, but nothing good. I do recommend buying them online, at http://www.pricegrabber.com/ , www.amazon.com or at the Saucony outlet store. I got mine at their outlet store in Virginia. You should be able to get them online for around $80.00. These are Saucony ProGrid Triump 4. One thing of note is that I could not wear thick socks with them. I had to invest in the thinner dri fit kind and absolutely cannot wear any type of regular sock without getting blisters. But other than that, this is a great running shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment