Monday, August 11, 2008

Shopping-Luggage



I am giving away all my secrets with this one. The Tumi Outlet in Vidalia, Georgia. Located at 2611 East 1st Street 30474, you must find this on the map and must make it a detour on your next trip down to Savannah or the Coast. Call before you go to make sure they are open and you might need to get specific directions. They have a tendency to move locations as well- 912.537.6015. Tumi is the leading international brand of luxury travel, business and lifestyle accessories- or so they say. If you travel often and are in need of luggage that you want to last a very long time, this is the place to go. They also sell Kipling, Bric's and other brands as well. I got this outrageous Crocodile-Embossed Luggage by Bric's. This eye catching luggage is fashioned in red crocodile-embossed, cotton-flocked and coated PVC with tan leather trim. According to the Nordstroms ad, "You can pick your piece, and rest assure that this luggage won't get lost in the crowd. You can pick up this gorgeous luggage at Neiman Marcus with prices ranging from $170 to $795". Not a typo, $795.00. My bag retails for $595 and I am pretty sure I paid less than $100.00. They have a huge sell just before Christmas. I plan on calling December 1st to find out when and plan a weekend trip to Savannah, stopping in Vidalia on my way. I went a few years back and it was incredible. They had large wooden tables set up in the back warehouse with paper signs starting as low as $5.00 for purple, blue or aqua soft leather passport holders and wallets, and $20.00 handbags. They have traditional black luggage that you can purchase by the piece, probably for around $100. I have yet to find a great lunch spot in or around Vidalia, but I am sure it's out there. Let me know if you find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment