Monday, August 11, 2008

Shopping-Women and Children


The Atlanta Junior League's Nearly New Store is located just off I-75 at Howell Mill. It is near the Wal-Mart in the Kroger Shopping Center. I recommend stopping by here if you are in the area. They often have a great choice of infant clothing, sometimes with tags. They have that hard-to-find pastel colored, smocked, linen and cotton baby clothing that is usually in excellent condition. You can expect to pay about $5.00 per item or less. The clothing is great for sizes up to 12 months, but after that it really starts to get worn and is not as good a buy. I found this amazing keri golf stand bag that retails for $295.00 and looks as if it was played with once for $15.00. Women's clothing items are totally hit or miss. I found a pair of Ralph Lauren Black Label linen pants for $10.00. I also found a La Perla bra with tags. But you have to dig or have an idea of what you are searching for. I recommend looking for designer dressier coats or jackets, which tend to be more gently worn. Last seasons Patagonia polar fleeces should be abundant when the weather gets cooler. You can also find lots of Georgia and Georgia Tech attire for men, women and children. Twice a year (around Thanksgiving and maybe again in April) everything is half off, but I hope you aren't THAT poor that you have to shop the sale and the second hand store. If so, let me know, and I will share any proceeds off my golf bag. Also, if you're hungry...the Kroger next door, although a little sketchy, has a great organic selection. It is on the first or second aisle and they have a wide variety of healthy snacks; muslix, granola, Ezekiel breads and cereals and more. Also of note, the Nearly New Store does not have a bathroom. Just so you know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment