Friday, October 10, 2008

The Pioneer Woman


Thank you Angelique!!!! This site is amazing! I love it! When you see it, you will quit coming to my site and spend all day on here...It has recipes, really good practical photography tips, short stories and a home and garden section that is set up similar to my "favorite things". The photo tips are very useful and will help you get the most out of your camera, no matter what kind you have, and those features you never use. This woman, Dee, writes about her life and you can go back and read from Chapter 1, telling all about how she met met her "Marlboro Man", (total disclaimer here on what you might read, I hear it's pretty juicy) but here is an excerpt from the first chapter:

The Night I Met Marlboro ManSep. 6, 2007
As our eleventh anniversary approaches, I find myself reflecting on the circumstances that brought Marlboro Man and me together. So grab a Diet Dr. Pepper, hang on to your hat, and come along for the ride!
Forget this, I thought, as I lay sprawled on the bed in which I grew up. Home from L.A. on a self-imposed pit stop, I was drowning in a papery sea of LSAT study guides, marked-up drafts of my resume, printouts of available Chicago apartments, and a JCrew catalog, from which I’d just ordered a $495 wool gabardine winter coat in olive, not chocolate, because I’m a redhead. And, fuzzy wool gloves and a matching scarf in charcoal, just to mix things up and because Chicago, in all its big-city splendor, is butt-cold in the wintertime. I’d been at it all week—studying, searching, editing, shopping and ordering—and I was worn smooth out, my eyes watery from reading, my middle finger pruney from licking and flipping through pages, my socks dingy and rank from being on my feet for two days straight. I needed a break.


So now I know you are just dying to read it! Me too! She makes me want to sit down and write volumes about my own life...just another reason why I need to quit taking change from "my new apple macbook pro so I no longer have to use the ancient State of Georgia work only laptop" mason jar. But with $1,876.83 to go, it just seems so far from ever becoming reality. Hmmm. And to find out why the Basset hound...you will just have to go there and read about him, his name is Charlie. The blog style stories are really an inspiration and I can't wait to get creative and see what happens. You will spend all day here! She pretty much has put her whole life up here with photos and audio clips and everything you could ever want to know...or see...or hear. But it is all such a great idea!!


http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/


Here she tells a little of her story...


Howdy. I’m Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman. Welcome to my frontier!
I’m a thirty-something ranch wife, mother of four, moderately-agoraphobic middle child who grew up on a golf course in the city. I attended college in Los Angeles and wore black pumps to work every day. I ate sushi and treated myself to pedicures on a semi-regular basis. I even kissed James Garner in an elevator once. Then, on a brief trip to my hometown, I met and fell in love with a rugged cattle rancher. Now I live in the middle of nowhere on a working cattle ranch. My days are spent wrangling children, chipping dried manure from boots, washing jeans, and frying calf nuts. I have no idea how I got here…but you know what? I love it. Don’t tell anyone.
I hope you enjoy my website, ThePioneerWoman.com. Here, I write about my decade-long transition from spoiled city girl to domestic country wife. I post photos of cows, horses, and my four weird children, and frequently include shots of cowboys wearing chaps. In my Photography section, I include Photography and Photoshop tutorials. In my Cooking section, I post step-by-step photos of all the cowboy-friendly dishes I’ve taught myself to cook through the years, and in Home & Garden, I chronicle the start-to-finish remodeling project of an old guest house on our ranch.
I post frequent audio clips of my children mispronouncing simple words and of me doing Ethel Merman impersonations. I also share delightful audio clips of different styles of burps as well as photos of my son picking his nose.


So I am completely inspired and would love to do something like this. I promise no nose picking photos or belching...no wait, I can't promise no belching...but no snot...it makes me gag. Seriously, I can't do that baby snot sucker upper thingy on a baby without gagging. But this is not about me...it's about The Pioneer Woman. So go check this out. Thanks again Angelique. I love it!






No comments:

Post a Comment