Thursday, March 19, 2009

Whoopie Pies


These are some of my all time favorite things ever! Joyce O'Bannon gave me a dozen one year for my birthday and I kept them under my bed and ate one every day for almost two weeks! I was about 10 then and calories didn't count. Never mind the frosting is made with eggs and I was risking poisoning myself. But I knew they would not last a minute out in the common space of the refrigerator and I was willing to take my chances. Christine found this article , it makes my mouth water just to read about them. I assume Joyce's were made from that old Amish recipe. They were so moist they would stick to the roof of your mouth and physically could not be eaten without a glass of milk nearby. Whoopie! certainly fits my reaction to this oh so yummy dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment