Friday, December 12, 2008

Market



I am not sure why I am on this food kick lately, but I am going to have to plug of all things...a grocery store. Who doesn't love the Fresh Market or Whole Foods ie Whole Paycheck? We all do. I have to admit that Publix is becoming predictable and boring and I am switching to Kroger. I refuse to put a tag of any sort, for any store, no matter what the discount, on my key chain, but if you do this I will still love you and would never judge. It is just a quirk of mine. I don't know why. Some people I love the most in life, i.e. my sister, do this and my love is unchanging. So, since I don't make $100 million dollars a year and Whole Paycheck is for special occasions only and who the heck pays a dollar for a lemon anyway? Even if I had a billion dollars I still would never pay a dollar for a lemon! Crazy. So! I stumbled upon the "Fresh Fare" Kroger in Buckhead. You know it, on Piedmont, used to be the Disco Kroger back in the day? Well there. I went in just to get a few things while I was in that part of town. I was greeted by friendly people who welcomed me to the store! There were actually enough carts for all the shoppers and I didn't have to push the one with the race car attached because it was the only one left. Yes, I have done that. Sans kids! It was either that or the electric powered wheelchair one and I was not about to do that! So anyway, they get points for having carts, which apparently is a real problem for grocery stores these days, or at least the ones I frequent. They have a HUGE wine section, which is just fun for me. I might not buy anything, but I love to look and read labels, they make my mouth water. I admit that it is far from the best grocery store ever, and you would be greatly disappointed if you compare it to much of anything else, especially other stores with the word "fresh" in their name. This is no Harry's Fresh Market. This is a grocery store...with more than just jug wine (blech). They have that good organic section. They have a sushi bar, an olive bar, a salad bar and the like. It is convenient. They have cheese and stuffed olive samples! I am so easy to please. The people are friendly, at least 4 people spoke to me and were kind and said, "have a nice day". I am a sucker for the manger's specials. I found a big ole container of already cut, in water, celery for .99 cents that I snacked on while I shopped. I like that. And they clearance their stuff that is about to expire, Publix doesn't do that. I like that. Also, you don't have to have the silly little card, you can enter my sister's home phone number instead and get the discount! I recommend the Fresh Fare Kroger on Piedmont, so there.

P.S. I have no idea who this kid is, found the pic online and it made me laugh. Do kids get free balloons and sugar cookies???

No comments:

Post a Comment