Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sunless Tanning


We are all aware of the damaging effects of the sun. I always wear a daily SPF on my face year round and do my best to lather on the sunscreen when at the beach or by the pool to avoid sun damage. But you can still have a summer glow year round thanks to sunless tanning lotions. They have come a long way in the last few years. And now is the time to break it out as we approach Spring weather (I hope). Now most do not streak or make you turn orange. My main challenge is finding one without that smell. A lot of them smell like green beans to me?! Bizarre, I know. Laura uses Neutrogena and I like the Jergens brand. Application is a pain and works best when applied first thing in the morning before getting dressed and you need to let it dry. And you must wash your hands immediately after application! But the results of seemingly sunkissed skin is noticeable and worth it. By the way, the make a sunless tanning lotion just for faces. Don't buy it. It's a marketing ploy. And don't put it on your face anyway. Use a bronzer from your favorite make-up line instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment