Monday, September 20, 2010

Bread


I do my very best to cut out all flour and stick to Ezekiel bread for morning toast and for occassional sandwiches. Yet, I recently discovered these and although made with Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour, which is terrible, I figure life is short and these are a decent alternative to the more horrible stuff that is out there. They are 100 calories, have 5 grams of fiber, and no high fructose corn syrup (but that is only because they are made with Sugar). Yet, they are perfect for homemade tuna salad or blackbean burgers with Swiss cheese or portabello mushrooms with roasted red peppers, feta cheese and a bottle of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. I like them much better than ordinary sliced bread and are much better than a carb loaded bun. They come in other varities too, such as Rye and Whole Wheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment