Monday, September 20, 2010

Quinoa

Quinoa is gluten-free and contains a balanced set of essential amino acids and is therefore a unique complete protein among plants. And it is incredibly good. It is prepared the same as rice. 1 C. Quinoa to 2 C. Water. Boil. Cover. Simmer. 12-15 Minutes. Done. Fluff with a fork. Then I add things like this:









Then I pour on a simple oil and vinegar dressing. You can make a garlic dressing with one clove garlic and 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1/4 olive oil in a processor. I am a huge fan of Apple Cider Vinegar and EVOO sans the garlic. Be sure to drain those black beans and add lemon juice to your avocado. I think I must be of Mediterranean decent. I could eat like this all the time and never tire of some variety of this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment