Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Brunch


I cannot believe I am turning my back on Ria's Bluebird Cafe or even the American Roadhouse and going somewhere new for brunch, but I am. Betsy and I are going to try this place tomorrow. They claim to have this amazing vegetarian "pork" sandwich, but I am that much of a vegetarian that I don't like or want pork of any kind, even fake pork. So I don't know why I am trying it. I drove by it one Saturday morning and it was packed. I had not had breakfast and almost turned around and went back. For some reason it is beckoning me. Full review to come. I think I am going to get the omelet of the day and French toast. Yes, I already know today at 7:30 what I want tomorrow for brunch. I think I even have an outfit planned too.
UPDATE:
We went. At first it seemed very Hole-in-the-Wall. Kinda Jim's Grill Hartwell, GA Hole-in-the-Wall. But then I noticed Art on the Wall. For sale. I like places that display local art and offer artists a place to sell their stuff. Our waiter was young-ish and offered advice on what to get and I like that. Now that I am a waitress myself, I pay attention to things like this. I offer suggestions too. Because I am vegetarian I have not had over half the stuff on our menu, so I make stuff up. But I think this guy was the real deal. Betsy and I both got coffee, served in those diner type mugs with the little cups of half and half. I have had better coffee, but it was not horrible. We both got the omelet of the day, Arugula, Mushroom and something. Betsy got the cheese grits per the honest waiters suggestion and I got the French toast. Betsy said her grits were "to die for" and we both enjoyed our meal. What I loved even more was the price! $6. I think the coffee added another $2 to the bill, but we had like 3 cups each. Delicious brunch at a lovely price. Fun art and inspiring company. I will go back. And if you are looking for brunch or lunch and are near the Capitol, Braves Stadium, Oakland Cemetery or just lost on Memorial, you should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment