Friday, November 7, 2008

Blog Updated


This is Aunt Grace...for whom I was named and my favorite aunt. She never married. I am nothing like her, so don't even think it! She died in 1994. She always rolled her hair all around in what they called a "Rat"...whatever that is. She made ambrosia. I hated it. I always felt like I was supposed to be spitting something out, but it was just coconut. Blech. She was funny and so active. She worked in "The Mill" so Granny Davis could go to college. She took care of her mother until she died and then took care of her bedridden brother who had stomach cancer. I remember about 1998 or so my Dad was eating a fried apple pie over at my Grandmother's and he asked who made it and my Grandmother said, "Aunt Grace". I watched to see if he'd spit it out, but he didn't. I know four years in the freezer is not all that bad, but just something about it struck me as odd. She was great. She was a servant and selfless. She gave up a chance to marry( his name was Garrett) to take care her mother and always put others first. So, I guess that means she is first in all things in the Kingdom and is wearing a crown of many, many jewels. To read more about the family and life as me check out http://jgracedavis.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed your most recent post. I think you should post more often, you obviously have natural ability for blogging!

    ReplyDelete