Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Running Shoes- Deux



In a bizarre way of rewarding myself for running the upcoming Thanksgiving Day Half-Marathon, I got new running shoes. These are Brooks Glycerin 6. They have lots of support and cushioning. I ordered them from www.amazon.com and they were $100.00, as opposed to $120 in Phidippides and The Big Peach Running Co. Running shoes are just pricey, but it is a fairly inexpensive hobby. I hope these will last me 300-500 miles, so the investment is relatively small and my feet thank me. According to Runner's World (the be all end all of all things Running): "The latest Glycerin is softer. First, there is a larger cutaway section of outsole under the heel for the foot to sink into just after impact. Also, Brooks added softer foam to the midsole directly under the heel. The improved cushioning was confirmed by RW Shoe Lab tests. Another cool feature is the forefoot, which is curved slightly upward for a smoother toe-off. Recommended for runners with higher arches who want a soft, stable, neutral shoe".

No comments:

Post a Comment