Friday, November 14, 2008

Muffin Recipe

Laura Steen sends this recipe from her sister Jill. The recipe comes from http://www.slashfood.com/. I would LOVE to bake them, but I don't own a muffin pan, or is it muffin tin? Either way, I don't own one. I could buy one, or you could get me one for Christmas. But it honestly would only get used once a year, if that. I can't eat a dozen muffins! Nor do I bake for the public, friends or family. That's Carla's job. But if you do bake them and you live inside the Perimeter, call me and I will come and eat one with you. I'll bring coffee. No, that's too much trouble. Just make it strong. I take cream.


Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

3/4 cup white sugar

1/4 cup vegetable oil2 eggs

3/4 cup pumpkin puree

1/4 cup water

1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I use mini ones)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners. Mix sugar, oil, eggs in a large bowl (you can use a stand mixer here, if you have one). Add pumpkin and water. In different bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Add to wet mixture in batches to incorporate fully. Mix in chocolate chips*. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.

*If you aren't a fan of chocolate, you can replace the chips with chopped nuts for a different flavor. (This woman must BE nuts! Are you kidding me? Not like chocolate? Substitute nuts or raisins or, even worse, dates or the like, for chocolate? No way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment