Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hershey's Piece of Cake Cake


This is my sister's recipe. It is one of my favorite chocolate cakes and it is very good and super easy. I have copied and pasted it exactly as she sent it to me. It reveals how little I know about baking and the fact that she knows this. However, I made it last night and it was a hit! (I baked it for 45 minutes instead of 30)
------------------------------
Hershey's Syrup Chocolate Cake
1 stick softened butter
1 cup self rising flour
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
16 oz or more Hershey's syrup
Mix all ingredients and pour into a greased 9X13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. (do you know to cream the butter and sugar then add eggs, flour and last syrup?)
Icing:
1/2 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips - I use semi sweet
1/2 cup nuts if desired
Combine first three ingredients in a bowl and melt in boiler. Allow to boil for 2 minutes. Add nuts and chocolate chips. Remove from heat and allow chips to melt. Pour immediately on top of cake. Allow some time for this to cool before eating. It tastes and slices better, but won't be awful if you have it warm.
Eat a slice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment