Thursday, January 8, 2009

Preserves


Tart Cherry with Sherry, Organic Red Raspberry, Strawberry and Triple Berry, Spiced Apple, Cherry Pomegranate, Blueberry, Rhubarb Ginger, Seedless Black Raspberry, Apple Butter, Apricot and Balsamic Sweet Onion are a sampling of these delicious preserves I recently discovered from Braswell's. Those of you from around here have most likely seen their line of salad dressings, some made with Vidalia sweet onions. The also make pickles, relishes, honey, jellies, syrups, rubs and more. But my favorite are these sweet, flavorful, yummy preserves! They come in these adorable reusable European Old Fashioned glasses, in either 13 or 15 oz. The Balsamic Sweet Onion one would be great over a block of cream cheese with crackers. And the Seedless Black Raspberry would be so good on 9 Grain bread. I had some over the holidays at Mama Deane's. The shiny clear glass made me select it from the cabinet and I had no idea how delicious it would be. It was not too sweet. I thought for sure that this would be impossible to find and would retail for $10. But no! Kroger sells the preserves for $3.99! They retail for $6.25 on Braswell's website. And guess what? They are made in Statesboro, Georgia! All the more reason to try it. They look so pretty stacked in a pyramid on my kitchen counter. They make excellent gifts, make your breakfast table look elegant, and they make my mouth water just thinking about them, so tart, so fresh, so sweet, so good. http://www.braswells.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment